I've spent the last 7 weeks in EMT school, 3 days a week, 6 hours of classroom time a day, endless hours of late night studying and hopes in getting a job where I can progress with my career in the medical field. Today, Around 6 am I woke up from side pain. The only of the time I've had pain like this was here once again, I though it was my back, because I'd be dancing all week. I knew better, but continued to deny it... for SOME reason I thought more I denied it the less likely is was kidney stones. I tossed and turned for an hour with the pain in my back and then Jumped into the shower, the hot water help a ton so I got out and dresses, it was 7:30 and I have to leave by 8 to be to school on time and was determined to go. Slowly but surely I was ready by 8 but the pain was more intense then last time. I walked into my living room and melted onto the couch I knew as soon as laid down there was no way I could drive. I can't even describe how miserable I was. I called school to ask them about missing today and no one answered so I left a message, I called my friend ashley and she came over, between her and my roommate Ava, they got me as comfortable as possible, not caring that I was throwing up or squirming around every 10 seconds...I'm so lucky to have good friends in my life. The pain was worse than before and so I went to the ER. They thought I could be dehydrated, so they gave me an IV and pain medication and nausea medicine. I had a CT scan and found 5 kidney stones (UH OH) one which was really large and traveling which was giving the most pain. I was in the ER still when the school's secretary called me and told me that because I missed a "mandatory review day" I was dropped from the program...... 3 DAYS BEFORE MY PROGRAM WAS OVER. I was crying so hard when they told me that the nurse had to calm me down. I got discharged with 3 medications and went to fill them and found out that my insurance doesn't cover any of my prescriptions... sooo $97 later.... I had my medicine. I ate lunch and took medicine and went down to my school to talk in person, they said because I signed the program's contract stating If I were to miss any of the days that were mandatory I would be dropped and that they can't make exceptions for me or they would have to make exceptions for everyone. I left sobbing and I'm so lucky I had Ashley with me. I got home and layed in bed and took a 3 hour nap (vicodin helped that)
I'm so sad about everything ... I know things happen for a reason, but right now I'm having a hard time seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't know why I'm supposed to be out of the program or why I had to have kidney stones of all the days to get them I'd get them today... I feel so lost. and I still have to have the stone pass sometime....owie.... I'll get over it sometime or other .. but for now this really sucks.
1 comment:
Oh Cortney,
I am so sorry that you had to have kidney stones at all. I'm even more sorry that you had to have them on the day you had to be in class. I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better. I don't know what to tell you about your program. I'm sorry. Hope you have a better week this week.
Love you and miss you,
Natalie
Post a Comment