Sunday, December 18, 2011

Winter Break!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, was the official start to my winter vacation. I seriously have looked forward to it all semester. This semester school wise has not been my favorite. There have been so many things that have happened though that have been my favorite! I seriously am so excited to just enjoy winter vacation!! Here are a few highlights of this semester:
  • My first semester living with roommates: This was an interesting experience, I am so grateful for the opportunity it has been to live on my own and realize all the hard work it takes to keep organized and keep a house clean. I love my roommates so much they have taken me under their wings and have taught me be a better person and not me so afraid of killing spiders and I have a great landlord!!
  • I started dating my boyfriend: Jeff and I have had a history of going on dates together in high school, but just not together. We laugh about it now, because neither of us would have ever thought we'd end up together. He is so great! He makes me laugh everyday, we have so much fun together and he has become my best friend. I can't wait to see what's in store for us!
  • My mom moved: I loved having my mom only a half hour away! I would drive to Corona all the time and visit with my family. I'm so grateful for her help and having her support. Even though I loved having her so close to me, a bigger blessing came along. She had the opportunity to move to Bakersfield. She left a very bad situation and I'm so proud of her and all the good decisions she has made lately.
I cannot believe Christmas is in a week! I don't know where the year has gone. I work this year on Christmas Eve, so after work, I'm spending the night with Kevin and Melissa's family, Christmas morning I'll be able to enjoy seeing all of the Holloways and later that afternoon I'll be driving up to Bakersfield with Jeff to see my family! I'm so excited to see all of them, and a little nervous for Jeff to meet everyone all at once! There have been trials, lots of blessings, many many laughs, and so many happy memories I'm content with the close of 2011. I'm so excited to see what 2012 has in store!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I didn't realize your mom moved to Bakersfield. Maybe you told me and I forgot. That sounds like a great thing for her! Can't wait to see you!

Amy said...

Awwwwwe! I LOVE you! Hope you two have an awesome trip!