Sunday, April 10, 2011

Busy Bee

I have been so busy these past few weeks. Sometimes I don't know where the time goes. However I have been having so much fun it doesn't even matter. I've visited my mom and siblings, gone shopping, progressed in baking and cooking and learned so much about myself and life. Some bigger things have also happened. One of them is that I'll be moving out of the Holloways this summer. I have had the privilege of being able to live with such loving and caring families in the church, and now that I'm 18 I'll be able to flap my wings on my own. I'm blessed to call so many wonderful people my family. Now I'm finally flying the coop ! And even better than that, is that I am going to be moving in with my life long best friend samantha. We've known each other since pre school and I'm so excited to live not only in the same city but the same room! We've been apart far too long and it's exciting and nerve wracking all in one. I love the support that I've gotten from the Holloways and Field family and now with all thier love and teachings i can go and live as such a better person because of them. I've prayed about it and I know it's the right thing to do.
Second thing is I got a new job! I'll be a full time host at a restaurant in Signal Hill and probably won't have much of a life until summer but I'm excited anyway. Also I've had the greatest opportunity to nanny some really cute baby girl twins! I love kids, but when I'm a mom I don't want twins hahah. It's so exciting with all the blessings that have been coming around and I can't wait to see what else is in store. Change is a natural thing in life and I've learned you have to embrace it or you'll be unhappy. I'm definitely choosing the happy route.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Great blog, Cortney! I can't believe you're driving and moving into an apartment this summer. We miss you!