Monday, June 13, 2011

Sweet summertime.


  1. I've decided this summer I'll do a lot of things I've put off for "someday" Well, someday is this summer. After being inspired to cross things off my bucket list, I realized there are lots of things I can do. I LOVE reading and naturally I have quite a few books I want to read on my list, so far since spring break (april 25th) I've read 7 books. Any recommendations on my next?
  2. I've secretly always wanted to learn French, I have no idea why I didn't take in high school, but I ordered these "learn french in ten days" CD's, of course I know I won't be fluent or believe I'll have mastered a language in ten days, but they were also very cheap and thought it'd be fun to get some kind of base of the language so "someday" I can go to France and oder food in french and cross that off my bucket list!
I've moved ! Some interesting things now that "I'm on my own" or "flown the coop":
  • Oil, eggs, butter and milk aren't just magically in the fridge.
  • Toilet paper is expensive and so is eating fast food (even from the dollar menu, they are lies!)
  • Not having to "check in" is so weird.
  • All of a sudden the clothes and shoes I always manage to buy when I go shopping seem to be replaced by toothpaste and groceries, they also are not as cheap as I remember them.
  • I also complain less about going to work....maybe because they pay my rent...just a thought.
  • Living in a new city requires a sense of direction, which slowly and through "trial and error" I'm understanding now.
  • I really miss my family
  • I didn't realize how frugal I can be
  • Living with roommates is actually pretty darn neat.
  • Being independent is better than I thought it would be.
  • I'm now realizing that I need to learn how to cook all my meals, another "trial and error" process
I'm so excited for summer and all the fun things I have in front of me. I work a lot so I have a full schedule to shove my summer plans around. I can tell this summer will be one I'll never forget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you Cortney! I know it's been hard adjusting but you're strong :) love ya!

-Ash :)